It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:58 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: game review
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:19 am 

To start off, this was a great start to what I believe will be an amazing game. i loved how it was put together with the text rolling across the screen, and instead of using silly things like voice actors, it is left to the player's mind as to what they sound like. the story also was very good. it had a sensation a bit of that of Pokemon mystery dungeon (which I loved) considering that you have a more significant roll than simply another top of the mill pony. (if that is what you are planing) and suddenly being turned from human to pony is a transition that at first you dislike, but latter begin to enjoy. (again if it's something else I'm cool with that. "though i would like it") Nonetheless though there where a few minor things I believe that you could improve, 1. have something more than a bunch of images of ponies for me to stare at. a little animation never hurt anyone, and I'm sure you can find a way to incorporate some GIF files into the movement. Then there's music. you have very good music but i can't help but feel like it is a bit much for ambient music considering it's what is going on that is important, not the soundtrack playing at the time of the event. nonetheless this game has shown great potential. and I believe that this game will grow to be an excellent game for the fandom. :D

Post subject: Re: game review
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:15 am 

Pretty much on the same boat as Bloody. Shows some amazing promise, and could be spiced up with some animation(tho that isn't super important, just a nice touch.) I was fine with the music, didn't really distract at all, and haven't found any bugs or breaks aside from a few art related things that were compiled, very well i might add, in Rydel's post here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6

As a special note this has been possibly the best sim I've played in regards to how plausible i found the player character's speaking and action choices, and how well each of the responses stayed true to the character of the one i was interacting with. Not over blown or overly Flanderized. It kinda felt like i was actually talking with the characters.

Very exited to see see this game continue to grow.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:29 pm 

Great demo and all but theres one thing that bugs me and it's kind of a small one but it still bugs me.
In the party you can only choose 3 out of the 9 ponies this kind of bugs me since I wanted to talk to like 4or 5 of them so my idea is that when you release the game you still have to choose 3 of them but after that you can choose to go to the next scene or continue to talk to the ponies. That's my idea at least.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:16 am 

Or at the very least have 5 choices at the party. 3 seems too small.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:19 am 

The few choices thing makes sense, as it could give the feeling of time actually passing, and we won't be able to do everything we want within that time.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:43 pm 

This game is awesome I would pay $30 to play the full game I cant wait you should have a progress bar to keep us informed on the games completion :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:54 pm 

DeepFryedLogic wrote:
and could be spiced up with some animation(tho that isn't super important, just a nice touch.)

As far as I know to make animation you need few pictures (in case of 2D animation) so if they have been doing this game for few years, I would rather like the game to be released faster but witch plain pictures. As long as the script will be as good as it is in the Demo.

DeepFryedLogic wrote:
I was fine with the music, didn't really distract at all, and haven't found any bugs or breaks aside from a few art related things that were compiled, very well i might add, in Rydel's post here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6

The only one thing with the music which is wrong for me is that so Rainbow theme is just too loud, besides that music is fine.

mariofanboy15 wrote:
Or at the very least have 5 choices at the party. 3 seems too small.

You need to choose that 3 special ponies which you especially like ^^
redjet wrote:
This game is awesome I would pay $30 to play the full game I cant wait you should have a progress bar to keep us informed on the games completion :D

0_0
What?

Och, I just forget that in America salaries are higher than in my country.

So in case of my additional opinions about the game I have two thing which bug me. First is that so on the party Rarity is in her gown, but after the party when she is talking with the player she do not have her gown on herself. She taken it off? Another thing is that so when you speak with Fluttershy for the first time I do not see differences between interrupting her quietly and loudly... you wanted to make two different reactions but someone have no Idea and everything is the same for both? In that case I think it would be more logical to change it to one option "interrupt her". There still would be the second choice for not interupitng her.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]